Followers

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Monday, December 15, 2008

Philippines Christmas Delicacies

Philippines is known to have many different kinds of native delicacies. Vendors offer a wealth of native delicacies in front of churches after the Misa de Gallo (Simbang-gabi). After hearing Mass, Filipino families partake of traditional Philippine Christmastime delicacies, either during breakfast at home or immediately outside the church. Some of these are bibingka (rice flour and egg based cake, cooked using coals on top of and under the pastry), Misa de Gallo Puto Bumbong (a purple-colored Filipino dessert made of sweet rice cooked in hollow bamboo tubes placed on a special steamer-cooker. When cooked, they are spread with butter and sprinkled with sugar and grated coconut), salabat (hot ginger tea) and tsokolate (thick Spanish cocoa).

2 comments:

athenaressa said...

hi mae... God is really so good.. I am looking for an article for only in the philippines which is related to Christmas. I am currenlty connected with a magazine called filipino expats here in DUbai. I just need to know if I can post you Only the Phils blog about delicacies.. I really ned the article and the pictures if you wouldnt minde. Once the Magazine is published, will make sure to send you the soft copy to ensure your name is written on the byline. I need your response asap.

Regards,

Ressa

ressa@tgpdubai.com is my work email or you can msg me at giegie18@yahoo.com

thanks

MAE SNAPP said...

sure ressa, no problem..i'm glad you like my post