Followers

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Thursday, August 28, 2008

An Example of a Filipino Trait


In the Philippines, the people have a lot of traits to be followed from their elders. One of those traits is doing "mano". Upon arriving home, families expect children to practice the kissing of hands or placing their parents or elder family members’ hand to their foreheads with the words “mano po” as a sort of greeting. In return they will say "kaawaan ka ng Diyos" which means God Bless you. This is one thing that my american boyfriend noticed when he visited me here in the Philippines. He asked me what i was doing when i get the hand of my grandfather when we arrived at his house. I told him it's one sign of respect to elder people here in Philippines. It is good that we can know the difference from other countries specially on the traits that we have in our own country.